CD Projekt has released its 2019 financials which is packed with numbers and data. The good news is that the Cyberpunk 2077 release is on track. Just last week CD Projekt was listed as Poland’s most valuable company on the Polish stock exchange. Today’s reports also comes with an update on Cyberpunk 2077.
The reports include the following comments from CD Projekt’s Adam Kiciński which highlights their complete focus on getting Cyberpunk 2077 released on time in September. As you know, like most companies, the team has been working remotely since the COVID-19 outbreak but that doesn’t seem to have hampered progress. There’s also some new art included in the report which you can see below.
The crucial moment came on 9 June in Los Angeles, at the Microsoft conference directly preceding the E3 fair. This is when we announced the release date of Cyberpunk and the involvement of Keanu Reeves who contributes his voice talent to one of the main NPCs in our upcoming release.
Fan reactions again confirmed the great expectations associated with Cyberpunk. The game’s trailer, also released at the conference, has so far been viewed over 50 million times, while Cyberpunk 2077 has already garnered over 200 awards and accolades. In the second part of the year we took part in 23 gaming events around the world, where Cyberpunk presentations invariably attracted capacity crowds. This enormous interest invigorates us as we draw ever closer to the finish line and put the final touches to the game.
The urge to create great games is engrained in our corporate DNA. This is why in January we made the decision to postpone Cyberpunk’s release until 17 September 2020. The sheer complexity of Night City means that we need a few extra months to polish all of the game’s aspects. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuing understanding, trust and support extended to us in the wake of the announcement.
Since mid-March we have been working from home, while ensuring continuity of all our of operations. Our goals haven’t changed; first and foremost, we intend to release Cyberpunk 2077 in September. We feel motivated and have the necessary tools at our disposal to meet this goal. We also believe that our longstanding strategy of avoiding debt and accumulating cash reserves makes us well prepared to meet any hardships which may be in store during these troubled times.
CD Projekt also listed their key accomplishments from the last 12 months as follows:
- At E3 we announced that Keanu Reeves would be one of the main voice actors starring in Cyberpunk
- The cinematic trailer of Cyberpunk unveiled at last year’s E3 has been viewed over 50 million times1 across all of its distribution channels
- Cyberpunk 2077 has already received over 200 awards
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released on Nintendo Switch on 15 October 2019
- GWENT was released on iOS devices on 29 October 2019
- We unveiled GOG GALAXY 2.0 which progressed to open beta
- Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to Google Stadia
- We launched CD PROJEKT RED STORE which distributes merchandise to gamers throughout the EU and North America
- We purchased the commercial campus at Jagiellońska 74 in Warsaw
- Our 2019 sales revenues reached 521 272 million PLN and our net profit was 175 315 million PLN
- The market capitalization of CD PROJEKT S.A. reached 28 billion PLN2
- Total employment at the CD PROJEKT Capital Group exceeded 1000 and currently stands at 11113
Gamers everywhere are now sitting tight and waiting for the Cyberpunk 2077 release.